BSNL has just issued recruitment notification for 1000 Junior Accounts Officer (JAO) positions, details of which can be found in my previous blog post titled: BSNL JAO Exam-2009: Notification, Eligibility & Forms
. This blog post intends to provide you the study materials for BSNL JAO Exam – with Exam pattern, Syllabus, Sample papers & Books.
BSNL JAO Exam pattern:
BSNL JAO selection process consists of a 450 mark written exam, which has two papers, each of 3 hour duration. Section-wise marks distribution along with duration is given below:
As you can see from above, Paper-II for subject of your specialization (i.e. Financial Management /Cost Accounting /Tax & Commercial Laws) contains the lion’s share of the total marks: 300 out of total 450. Hence your effort should be to score maximum in this paper.
Although the written test would be held in February/March 2010 at a national level, once when you are selected, you would be posted in one of the 26 telecom circles (given in page-10 of the notification), based on the five options you selected while submitting the BSNL JAO application form.
BSNL JAO Exam Syllabus:
Following JAO Exam syllabus is reproduced from the page-11 of the notification.
Paper –I syllabus: General English & General Aptitude/Awareness:
a). General English: Comprehension of given passages and Grammar, usage and vocabulary.
b). General Aptitude/Awareness: Current events of national and international importance: Indian polity & economy; General Mental ability; Test of reasoning & Quantitative Technique.
Paper-II syllabus: Financial and Commercial Accounts:
I). Advanced Accounting:
1. Company Accounts introduction; shares & debentures etc.
2. Company Accounts; final Accounts
3. Cash and fund flow statements
1. Nature, objective and basic principles of auditing
2. Techniques of auditing physical verification, examination of documents and vouching, direct confirmation, analytical review.
3. Planning and audit, audit programme, working papers, audit process
4. Valuation of internal controls.
5. Various types of Audit.
III). Financial Management – an over view:
1. Goals of Financial Management.
2. Key activities of Financial Management.
3. Relationship of Finance to Accounting and Audit
4. Organisation of Finance Function.
IV). Financial Statements:
1. Basic concepts underlying accounting.
2. Balance Sheet
3. Profit and Loss Accounts
4. Source and usage of final statements
5. Financial topics related to balances received and profit and loss accounts
6. Analysing financial performance
7. Financial ratios
8. Applications of financial analysis
9. Problems in financial statements and analysis
10. Break-even analysis and leverages.
V). Financial Management in Public Sector Enterprises:
2. Capital Budgeting
3. Long term financing
4. Working Capital Management
5. Memorandum of Understanding
6. Financial Management & Control
VI). Bare Acts:
1. Company’s Act 1956 (with amendments)
2. Contract Act.
3. Partnership Act
4. Payment of Gratuity Act.
5. Consumer Protection Act.
6. Industrial Dispute Act.
7. Sales Tax Act.
8. Payment of Bonus Act.
BSNL JAO Exam Sample Papers:
I had searched for the JAO Exam Sample Papers on the net, I could not find any sample paper exclusively for the JAO exam. Your preparation therefore must be based section-wise, finding the sample papers for specific topics.
Sample Papers for BSNL JAO Exam Paper-I:
Paper-I of the JAO exam consists of two topics: General English & General Aptitude/Awareness. You can find these SBI Bank PO exam sample papers
useful for preparation of these topics, as it has similar sections and standard of questions is also expected to be same.
Sample Papers for BSNL JAO Exam Paper-II:
Paper-II of the JAO exam is your specialization subject specific: Financial Management /Cost Accounting /Tax & Commercial Laws. And bulk of your preparation should be based on the course materials you studied in your college days: CA/CS/ICWA/M.Com.
I am not very sure, but following two sources on net gives you sample papers which you may find useful:
It gives you five sample paper on Financial Management.
It gives some similar sample papers.
BSNL JAO Exam preparation book:
Hope with above BSNL JAO Exam study materials: Exam pattern, Syllabus, Sample papers & Books, you would be able to clear the same easily. Best wishes!